Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CHRISTIAN TAYLOR SEAMONS


In the fall of 1999 I was battling with Christian Seamons for a goal keeper position on the club soccer team at Utah Valley State College. Little did I know that he and I would become best friends and brothers as time passed.

As I was returning from a tournament in Las Vegas with my Infinity girls this past weekend I received a text to call another close friend, Ryan K. Harris (Skip). I called and he (and Ryan van Dorn (The Godfather)) informed me that Chris had passed away. We first believed it was an overdoes and later found that it was not.

I have since grieved with friends, met with the Seamons family where we laughed in remembrance of Chris. I will act as a paul bearer as I assist Chris's mortal body to it's final resting place. I know Chris is in good hands and that he is already hard at work making people laugh as he vigorously does the Lords work.

I write this on my coaching blog because I want everyone to know that soccer is secondary to relationships. Your friends are truly what makes you happy. Chris, simply made me laugh and made it ok to laugh at anything, anyone, in any situation.

I am so grateful for soccer because without it I would have never met my best friend and brother.

Christian Taylor Seamons, I love you brother and will always remember your sweet spirit and your passion for life. Thank you for always being my brother no matter the circumstance.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry you lost Chris! I only knew him for a short time but I know he meant a lot to you. The words you write about him are beautiful.