Monday, October 26, 2009

Freedom

"It's never been my team, its always been the players team. Thats just how it is, the players are what get it done on the field, I just do what I can to help prepare them. It's a players game, not a coaches game. In soccer the title should be manager and/or trainer. The title of coach makes little sense. Managing a group of talented individuals to be successful, that is the goal. Having the drive to win comes from the confidence the individuals gain from being trained in highly competitive and demanding atmospheres. It is the responsibility of the players to get the win and my job to allow them the creativity to earn the win in a fashion that allows each individual to express themselves on the park. Freedom on the field, freedom in my homeland. Express yourself without consequence. Long live soccer in America."

-Jeff Ginn

No comments: